Combine Tuscan glamour with two-Michelin-star dining
Save up to 70% on luxury hotels and vacations.
Access and book our deals using just your e-mail
up to -58% today
Superior Side Sea View room
A classic, ultra-luxe stay in Tuscany, with a two-Michelin-star restaurant and Tyrrenhian Sea vistas – includes breakfast, optional dinner, one-hour spa access and more
- Set in the beautiful Tuscan town of Viareggio, with its grand façade overlooking the sea and promenade, the historic Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte remains one of the region’s most sought-after hotels. Soak up the Art Deco grandeur as you wander through the grounds.
- The superb two-Michelin-starred restaurant, Il Piccolo Principe, is a destination in its own right. Its incredible, refined takes on classic Tuscan and Versilian cuisine match its views from the veranda across the waters of the Tyrrhenian Sea. Wash it all down with a selection of wines from some of Italy’s best vineyards.
- From stimulating massages to personalized face treatments and re-mineralizing body wraps, the spa has everything you could need for rejuvenation. With beautiful water features and saunas indoors, be sure to also make a beeline for the panoramic pool on the fifth floor's terrace too.
- Two-Michelin-starred restaurant
- Rooftop pool
- Beach access
- Wine cellar
- Cooking classes (chargeable)
- Onsite parking (chargeable)
- Air conditioning
How to get there
The closest airport to the hotel is Pisa International Airport, 22 miles to the south. The best way to get here is via taxi or hire car (onsite parking is available for an extra charge). If you’d rather come via public transport, you’re best catching the train into central Pisa and then catching the La Spezia bound train from there. Get off at Viareggio from where it’s a short taxi ride.
Good to know
Please note that the Piccolo Principe restaurant is only open between the months of March to October, and the pool is not heated between the months of June to September. From October onwards, the pool and spa will be closed on Tuesdays. Please also note that the rooftop terrace plunge pool will be closed from 7 to 19 January 2020 included, due to maintenance. The Wellness Center and Fitness Room will be open.
Please also note that a local tax of €2 between 1 January and 14 June and €5 between 15 June and 15 September per person, per night is not included in the price and needs to be paid at the hotel upon check-out. This hotel is pet-friendly. A small pet can be brought along on request. Charges may apply. Please contact the hotel directly prior to you arrival to arrange.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low-cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you would like to stay on the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + flights’
On the next page, you can choose the departure airport, time, airline and price that is convenient for you
When you buy a hotel with a flight from us, you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this package, please contact +44 0843 227 7777 (Monday-Sunday, 8am-8pm)
If you would like to make a flight-only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team at +44 0843 227 7777 (Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm, and Saturdays from 10am-5pm)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only $40 while you decide.
- Pay $40 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go toward your purchase. If not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still considering it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is canceled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our Terms and Conditions