Explore Chamonix’s hiking trails from a luxurious base, with Mont Blanc views
Save up to 70% on luxury hotels and vacations.
Access and book our deals using just your e-mail
Please, log in using an email address.
Mountain Spirit room with Mont Blanc views
Mountain Spirit room with Mont Blanc views
An iconic mountain retreat in the beautiful Chamonix valley, with spoiling wellness facilities and a Mont Blanc-facing terrace – includes breakfast, welcome perks and more
- For summertime adventures in the Chamonix valley, walking boots are an absolute necessity: adventuring from your base at the Hôtel les Grands Montents is a breeze, as the Balcon Sud hiking trail runs right past the front door to Chamonix town, where you can swap stories of your high-altitude wanderings with fellow adventurers.
- The iconic hotel has classic alpine good looks and stylish bedrooms have wooden balconies – some angled to enjoy views of the Mont Blanc massif and the Argentière glacier. Family owned and run, the hotel has a family-friendly vibe, though grown-ups will love retreating to the indoor pool, spa and outdoor hot tub for a little R&R.
- Food is classic French mountain fare, the best fuel for getting you up and down the surrounding peaks. Breakfast on croissants and farm yogurt, and then head to one of the mountain refuges for lunch. The restaurants of Argentière offer delicious Savoyard suppers, or head to Chamonix for its wide selection of cuisine.
- Bike hire
- Indoor swimming pool
- Shuttle service
- Hot tub, sauna and hammam
How to get there
The mountain resort of Chamonix and its surrounding villages are easily accessed from both Geneva airport, 110 kilometres away, and Lyon airport at 230 kilometres away. When driving, follow the Autoroute Blanche motorway (be aware of tolls) until it turns to dual carriageway at Le Fayet. Continue to Chamonix following signs for Martigny (Suisse) and Les Grand Montets. The hotel is situated next to the Grands Montets cable car.
You can also reach the Chamonix valley by train, disembarking at Argentière which is a 10-minute walk from the hotel, or take the bus in around two minutes. Many companies also offer shuttle transfer services.
Chamonix itself is eight kilometres south along the D1506. You can walk there along the Balcon Sud trail and use the hotel’s shuttle bus service for the return leg.
Good to know
Please note that a city tax of €2.30 per person, per day, is payable directly to the hotel.
This hotel is pet-friendly. One dog is welcome for a supplement of €8 per night (payable directly to the hotel; please contact the hotel directly prior to your arrival to arrange).
To stay informed about how the UK leaving the EU could affect you when travelling in Europe, and the steps you need to take, please visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low-cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you would like to stay on the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + flights’
On the next page, you can choose the departure airport, time, airline and price that is convenient for you
When you buy a hotel with a flight from us, you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this package, please contact +44 0843 227 7777 (Monday-Sunday, 8am-8pm)
If you would like to make a flight-only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team at +44 0843 227 7777 (Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm, and Saturdays from 10am-5pm)
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only $40 while you decide.
- Pay $40 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go toward your purchase. If not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still considering it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is canceled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our Terms and Conditions