Embark on a luxury South Africa safari experience at a private game reserve
Save up to 70% on luxury hotels and vacations.
Access and book our deals using just your e-mail
Escape to the Eastern Cape and a luxurious safari tent on a family-owned private game reserve in the vast South African outback – includes full board and daily game activities
- Head to South Africa’s remote and beautiful Klein Karoo for the ultimate ‘Out of Africa’ experience: staying in a secluded canvas tent, raised on a wooden deck overlooking a seasonal stream where wildlife often come to drink. From your privileged position, you’ll be able to sit out with a drink to gaze over the Milk River Valley and Sneeuberg Mountains, right in the heart of the bush.
- Mount Camdeboo Private Game Reserve can be found in the Eastern Cape, a great choice for safari as it is malaria-free and home to a wide variety of animal life. The magnificent Cape Dutch homestead that nestles within the reserve was once a community of settlers and offers a restful place to dine and or walk among the beautiful gardens, between game drives and swimming in the pool.
- Dining is on a full-board basis, but it’s far from ordinary. One day, you may enjoy dinner under the wide Karoo night skies in a secluded courtyard, the next in front of roaring fire in the dining room with elegant silverware and haute cuisine. Many of the herbs are grown on the reserve, while fresh ingredients are produced by local farms and suppliers. It’s a true taste of old-world Africa.
- Swimming pool
- Game drives
- Parking (chargeable - reservation required)
How to get there
At the heart of the Eastern Cape’s Great Karoo, the game reserve is approximately 280 kilometres (about three hours’ drive) from the nearest international airport in Port Elizabeth. You can hire a car yourself if you’re planning a longer trip. Alternatively, take a scheduled flight (Tuesday-Sunday) from Plettenberg Bay airport to the airstrip at Graaf-Reinet, followed by an hour’s transfer to the reserve. The game reserve can arrange transfers from Graaf-Reinet or Port Elizabeth. If you do choose an internal flight, it will be a Cessna-style aircraft, so ensure that your luggage is packed in soft-sided bags and weighs no more than 20kg per person.
Good to know
Please note that a minimum two-night stay is required.
Please note that a conservation tax of ZAR150 per person, per night, in 2019, and ZAR200 per person, per night, in 2020, is not included in the price and needs to be paid at the hotel upon check-out.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low-cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you would like to stay on the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + flights’
On the next page, you can choose the departure airport, time, airline and price that is convenient for you
When you buy a hotel with a flight from us, you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this package, please contact +44 0843 227 7777 (Monday-Sunday, 8am-8pm)
If you would like to make a flight-only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team at +44 0843 227 7777 (Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm, and Saturdays from 10am-5pm)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only $40 while you decide.
- Pay $40 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go toward your purchase. If not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still considering it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is canceled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our Terms and Conditions