See Vila Nova de Gaia and Porto in one from a historic Gaia hotel
Save up to 70% on luxury hotels and vacations.
Access and book our deals using just your e-mail
Please, log in using an email address.
A rich fusion of contemporary and Baroque interiors in Vila Nova de Gaia's city centre, within walking distance of Porto - includes breakfast
- Rubens Hotel Royal Village Gaia fuses contemporary interiors with gilded Baroque décor - reminiscent of the wealth that flourished among the city's purveyors of port. Its renovated late-19th-century building promises eye-catching detail wherever you turn.
- The hotel flaunts a top location in the city centre, right next door to the 1756-founded Real Companhia Velha port house and 20 minutes' walk from the mighty 1692-established Taylor's - both TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence-holders. The hotel offers a shuttle service into Porto too.
- Ruela da Villa restaurant grabs your gaze with its hot-red velvet seats, gold candelabra, wooden beams, and recreated façades of historic houses lining the walls. Enjoy a lavish buffet here for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with plenty of Portuguese favourites to try. The terrace offers al fresco dining too.
- Bar service
- Gaia-Porto shuttle service
- 24-hour reception
How to get there
The hotel lies a 15-minute walk from Porto, and 23 kilometres from Porto airport (Francisco Sá Carneiro). By metro, take line E for 15 stops to Trindade station, and change onto line D (towards Santo Ovidio) for four stops to General Torres.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low-cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you would like to stay on the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + flights’
On the next page, you can choose the departure airport, time, airline and price that is convenient for you
When you buy a hotel with a flight from us, you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this package, please contact +44 0843 227 7777 (Monday-Sunday, 8am-8pm)
If you would like to make a flight-only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team at +44 0843 227 7777 (Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm, and Saturdays from 10am-5pm)
For some fresh air and a sobering experience out of the cellars, hop onto the Teleférico de Gaia cable car for a splendid panorama of both Porto and the river on its five-minute ride. You'll disembark at the Jardim do Morro gardens, that reveal yet another dreamy cityscape. Vila Nova de Gaia's coast is positively coated in Blue Flag beaches; to pick just one, the pretty Dunas Mar is only 12 kilometres away. You can also walk into Porto itself easily enough, around four kilometres away, by crossing the Ponte D. Luíz bridge.
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only $40 while you decide.
- Pay $40 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go toward your purchase. If not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still considering it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is canceled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our Terms and Conditions