Family-run elegance in a traditional Swiss mountain resort
Save up to 70% on luxury hotels and vacations.
Access and book our deals using just your e-mail
Please, log in using an email address.
up to -51% today
A luxurious mountain escape to a Relais & Château hotel in a chocolate-box Swiss resort, with heavenly spa and sumptuous suites – includes breakfast, welcome drink, spa access and tea and cake served each afternoon
- The charming wooden chalet of Waldhotel Doldenhorn radiates warmth and its 250 years of hospitality, and the Maeder family have been here since 1976. The friendly family-run hotel puts service and wellness as its top priority, offering gourmet cuisine, an indoor swimming pool and gym, and a delightful spa with sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi watered by the hotel’s own natural spring.
- Hearty Swiss dishes are on the menu at both of the hotel’s restaurants. Au Gourmet offers fine-dining twists on family classics, such as Riesling soup with Swiss sausage, spaghetti with shaved truffles, platters of mountain cheeses. Head to bistro Grüne Saal for more informal dining paired with specially selected wines to accompany your fondue or raclette.
- Enjoy breakfast looking out over the mountains and forest as you plan your day ahead: if it rains, retreat to the fireside lounge to nestle into a comfy armchair with a book. If the sun shines, get outside and breathe in lungfuls of the purest mountain air, either from a mountain bike or on foot. In the winter, the snow blankets the valley and creates excellent skiing routes, for both cross country and alpine skiers.
- Two restaurants
- Swimming pool
- Spa with sauna and steam room
- Outdoor Jacuzzi
- Valet parking
How to get there
The closest airport to Kandersteg is Bern-Belp airport, just outside the city of Bern and about 60 kilometers away from the hotel. The journey time takes less than an hour, and offers a scenic drive though the Swiss countryside on the A6 motorway. If you like the convenience of driving, hiring a car at the airport and driving to the hotel is easy – just make sure you have the correct vignette for driving on Swiss motorways. Alternatively, Switzerland has an excellent train network and Kandersteg has its own train station (1.6 kilometers from the hotel).
Good to know
Please note that a city tax of 4 CHF per person, per day, is payable directly to the hotel.
Please note a minimum two-night stay is required.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low-cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you would like to stay on the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + flights’
On the next page, you can choose the departure airport, time, airline and price that is convenient for you
When you buy a hotel with a flight from us, you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this package, please contact +44 0843 227 7777 (Monday-Sunday, 8am-8pm)
If you would like to make a flight-only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team at +44 0843 227 7777 (Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm, and Saturdays from 10am-5pm)
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only $40 while you decide.
- Pay $40 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go toward your purchase. If not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still considering it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is canceled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our Terms and Conditions